TERMS OF REFERENCE
MATERNITY COVER FOR COORDINATOR EVIDENCE
Who we are:
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives.
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand, and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day - from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
In Rwanda, our program is called Ni Nyampinga. We create and broadcast content on radio (through a talk show and a Drama), through a printed magazine distributed across the country, and our digital platforms, including social media, a website, SMS, and IVR.
Context of Assignment:
The stories we disseminate through our Ni Nyampinga platforms are always rooted into the insights that we gather from girls through research on a regular basis, for our content to be authentic, updated, and relevant to the adolescent girl in Rwanda. Apart from formative studies, we also conduct monitoring and evaluation of our own activities, to course-correct our work as well as to gather results to be used for fundraising and strategic decision-making.
Girl Effect Rwanda has already planned and designed different formative, and M&E studies to be carried out during FY22 and is looking for a maternity coverage for the Coordinator role Evidence and TEGA for a period of 6 months, to be able to deliver against the planned objectives.
Scope of Work:
Girl Effect Rwanda is looking for a motivated young qualitative researcher, with some previous experience in carrying out research with young and adolescents in Rwanda. His/her role would be to support the Rwanda Evidence team in carrying out different research projects scheduled for FY 22. He/she would also be responsible for working closely with the Senior Manager Evidence team and the other Evidence team members to contribute to research design, tool drafting, and translations, coordinate fieldwork activities in general, carry out data collection, and contribute to data analysis and report writing.
In particular, the consultant will be responsible for managing data collection activities and the data collectors. He/she will be working closely with our local partner, Rwanda Women Network (RWN), in order to effectively manage the Girl Effect network of Technology-Enabled Girls Ambassadors (TEGAs), 17 girls who collect data within their own communities using digital devices. He/she will also be in charge of organizing TEGAs training and briefing, as well as managing the datahub, from tools scripting and uploading to data management and analysis, including solving any Tech issue that might arise.
The consultant will also be involved in other support activities to other teams when needed, locally and globally.
- Manage effectively the TEGAs network in collaboration with our local partner (RWN);
- Manage all pieces of TEGA research, from research design to research implementation and report writing;
- Coordinate data collection activities, from the training of data collectors, to fieldwork and data entry;
- Coordinate the local partners in the implementation of the TEGA Research, Project management, and related activities;
- Responding to any internal/external request regarding TEGAs work, including Global Support;
- Ensure that safeguarding practices are followed within the research activities;
- Provide relevant inputs to data analysis and report writing;
- Attend relevant internal/ external meetings;
- Support other teams with inputs whenever needed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Country Director or the Evidence, Senior Manager
Who you are:
- A young qualitative researcher with some experience in research with adolescents and young people (both data collection field preparations analysis and reporting );
- A degree holder (bachelor level);
- Skills in project management;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure;
- Comfortable in working with young and vulnerable people;
- Fluent in kinyarwanda and English;
- Preferably having some previous experience working with Girl Effect.
The selected consultants will report to the Senior Manager Evidence Team at Girl Effect Rwanda.
Interested suppliers should send their CVs, including 2 references, and an application letter, to email@example.com with “Coordinator Evidence application” in the email subject line by 30th October 2021. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.