WORK PROCUREMENT NOTICE No FY 21/02/005
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation (non-profit) that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 76 countries.
We’ve been operating in Rwanda since 2007. And we’ve been calling on people, organisations, and government to join us in driving vital changes in the lives of children, with equal opportunities for girls and boys, and young men and women. We work together to change norms, attitudes and behaviors, laws, policies, and approaches that help secure deep-rooted and long lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We are passionate about vulnerable and marginalised girls taking the lead in decisions that affect their lives.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE REHABILITATION OF 8 ECD CENTER’S ROOFS IN BUGESERA (TUNDA, KAMPEKA, NYABYONDO, BIHARAGU, NEMBA, NKANGA, KAGASA & NGERUKA)
1. Publication Reference: Plan/CO/FY21/02/002
3. Programme and Project details
4. As Child Centered community development organization, plan international Rwanda has developed initiatives to enhance child rights with emphasis to protection in varions communities. Through Germany National Office (GNO), Plan international Rwanda has secured 36 months (3 Years) Project “Access to Quality education and ECD Services in Rwanda” that aims at improving quality education and ECD services in Rwanda for girls and boys aged 0-6 years (1,550 boys and 1,600 girls) in Bugesera and students from P4 to S3 (200 Boys and 250 Girls) in Bugesera District.
Plan International Rwanda intends to select a competent and reputable construction company for Roofing rehabilitation of 8 ECD centres in Bugesera District.
5. Contracting Authority
Plan International Rwanda - Golden Plaza House, 4th Floor,
KG 546 Street, Kacyiru- Kigali
6. CONTRACT SPECIFICATIONS
Description of the contract
Rehabilitation of 8 ECDs centers at Tunda, Kampeka, Nyabyondo,Biharagu, Nemba, Nkanga, Kagasa and Ngeruka in Bugesera District, Eastern Province. The iron sheet should be Autoportant 28 – Gauge Blue in Color
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION.
7. Eligibility and rules of origin
Participation in tendering is open on equal terms to all natural and legal persons (participating either individually or in a grouping (consortium) of bidders) which are established in Rwanda.
8. Number of bids
Bidders shall prepare bids in compliance with all instruction outlined in the BID DOCUMENT, BOQ, and CONSTRUCTION DRAWING. Bidder must provide one bid per lot; partial or incomplete bids will not be considered. Bidders may not submit a bid for a variant solution in addition to their bid for the works required in the bid document.
9. Bid Security.
10. Performance guarantee.
The successful bidder will be asked to provide a performance guarantee of 10% of the amount of the contract at the signing of the contract. This guarantee must be provided together with the return of the countersigned contract no later than 30 days after the bidder receives the contract signed by the Contracting Authority. If the selected bidder fails to provide such a guarantee within this period, the contract will be void and a new contract may be drawn up and sent to the bidder which has submitted the next lowest compliant bid.
11. Information meeting and/or site visit.
An information meeting and/or site visit will be held on Tuesday 23rd February, 2021 at the location of all ECD centers in Ngeruka & Kamabuye sectors of Bugesera District. Departure point is Plan International Rwanda’s Office- Bugesera, next to Plast Rock Hotel at 9.00 hours
Contact person: Gwiza Espoir will be reachable on mobile phone 0784897255.
Ingabire Marie Louise will be reachable on mobile phone 0788898612
12. Period of implementation of tasks
Two months starting from the signing date of the contract
SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA.
13. Selection criteria
- To qualify for award of the Contract, in accordance with ITB Sub-Clause 12.1 bidders shall meet the minimum qualifying criteria :
- Average annual volume of construction work over the past 3 years of at least RWF 50, 000,000.
- Experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least 2 works of a nature and complexity equivalent to the Works over the last 3 years (to comply with this requirement, works cited should be at least seventy (70) percent complete) ;
- Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the following essential equipment : Lorry, Concrete mixers, pick-ups, and scaffolding.
- Personnel with the following qualifications and experience :
- Site Engineer : with a degree in Civil Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience and registered in IER
- Site foreman : A Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least 1 years’ experience or a technician with a level 2 certificate in Public Works Construction with at least 7 years’ experience.
- (e) liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than 5, 000,000 Rwanda Francs
A consistent history of litigation or arbitration awarded against the Bidder will result in disqualification.
Subcontractors’ experience and resources will not be taken into account in determining the Bidder’s compliance with the qualifying criteria.
14. How to obtain the bid document
The bid document is available from June 16th to 19th 2020 at Plan International Rwanda upon the payment of 10,000RWF payable to the account # 25009159001 opened in I & M Bank.
It is also available for inspection at the premises of the Contracting Authority, addressed as in point 3 above. Bids must be submitted using the standard bid form included in the bid document, whose format and instructions must be strictly observed.
15. Submission of bids
Bids must be sealed and clearly marked “REHABILITATION OF 8 ECD CENTERS IN BUGESERA DISTRICT” and delivered not later than 14.00 hours, on 1st March 2021 to the address below:
Submissions should be addressed to
Plan International Inc. Rwanda
Golden Plaza Building, Floor # 4,
KG 546 St
P.O. Box 6211, Kigali, Rwanda.
N.B: Please note that in case of new government restrictions (Lockdown) might occur during the period of submission, the bids will be submitted electronically at Tendersreceipt.email@example.com not later than 14.00 hours, on 1st March 2021
Any bid received after this deadline will not be considered.
16. Language of the procedure
All written communications for this bid procedure and contract must be in English.
Done at Kigali 16th Feb, 2021
Plan International Rwanda.