Terms of Reference
To produce Animated cartoons with 3D Videos on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health& FP services
Faith Victory Association (FVA) came into existence in 2002 as Rwandan Religious-Based Organization legally operating in Rwanda as a Nongovernment Organization with a legal status no 13/11. FVA is one of the largest Rwandan NGOs with a strong mandate of working together with communities in order to facilitate processes that assist in eradicating poverty, child protection, preventing violence, preventing and controlling diseases especially HIV/AIDS, environmental protection, promoting equality within the communities and developing capacity building programs aimed at transforming the society
Faith Victory association (FVA) with the Financial support of Rwanda Biomedical Center (RBC) is implementing RMNCAH/FP/ASRH project whose objective is to ensure that all women, new-born, children, adolescents, and men have universal access to quality integrated RMNCAH/FP/ASRH (Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child and Adolescent Health) and/or Family Planning & Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health services in Rwanda.
FVA interventions is to carry out community mobilization, awareness, sensitization, outreach, and behavior change communication interventions in all 30 Rwandan Districts to ensure that the overall objective of the project is attained. One of the tools FVA is using to widely communicate RMNCAH/FP/ASRH Health services is the use of Mass communication channels (TV & Radios).
The country of Rwanda has signicantly invested in health sector, where infrastructures were constructed, health insurance program have been developed and skilled staffs have been hired in order to ensure a smooth implementation of health system in country and it has enabled Rwandan to access health services. Even if the effort has been made some gaps are still being observed and affect the development of the country. Lack of information and ignorance on RMNCAH services lead the communities to not look for such services to respect place and results are the high rate of teenage pregnancy, high rate of birth mortality, child stunting etc…. to promote and facilitate Rwandans to access information about RMNCAH services, FVA through RMNCAH/FP/ASRH project is planning to produce animated cartoons with RMNCAH services messages and will be given to different health facilities.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This assignment intends to inform the general public on the importance of antenatal care during pregnancy period . the assignment will further sensitize the public on the importance of using the modern contraceptives in family planning through animated cartoons in form of 3D Videos. The final product will be disseminated to district hospitals and health centers and yego centers in the country.
The consultant firm will be required to provide the following outputs during the execution of the assignment:
- Inception report which details the proposed detailed methodology and agreed work plan to be submitted in the first 5 days after the signing of the contract
- Develop the script basing on the concept note
- Produce a 3D animated cartoons video of 3minutes.
- Storyboarding to develop scenes that require animation
- Adjusting colors, lighting, shadows, and textures to perfect lifelike appearances
- Using software to create animated characters, scenes, and graphics
- The Consultant’s performance will be evaluated against the following criteria: creativity, timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, and quality of the product
- Submit the draft to be reviewed by FVA and RBC technical working group before the final publication of it for comments, inputs, and approval.
- Respect the timeline
- Present the technical team with a degree in computer graphic design , animation, and graphic design , cartooning and drawing ,Illustration and fine art, and other related fields
- Prior experience on developing animation videos and working experience with NGOs will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in producing 3D animated videos.
- Prior experience in producing related videos will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity working with international organizations and government institutions focusing on health related issues.
- Strong knowledge of RMNCAH policy, Family planning, and ASRH policy and regulations in Rwanda.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to Family planning issue in Rwanda
- Excellent proven written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda is a must, French is an added value.
The interested qualified consultants firms are invited to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- An understanding of the assignment
- Consultant profile and experience in similar assignments
- Methodology and work plan for performing the assignment
- Degrees and certificates
- Detailed reference list indicating the similar assignments conducted with certificate of completion (at least 3 certificates)
- Copy of Registration with the RDB
- Tax clearance from RRA
- Valid Certificate from RSSB
Technical proposal and financial proposal should be submitted as separate documents. The financial proposal for the non-qualifying technical proposal will not be opened. Timing and duration: 20 working days
Deadline of Application
The deadline for application is 3:30 pm on 20th January 2022 Applications must be submitted to FVA’s headquarter in Rusororo near Riviera high school. For further information contact us on 0786854533.
Date: 10th January 2022