Terms of Reference (TOR) for the design of the training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping - READVERTISEMENT
BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, P.O. Box 2040,
Tel: (+250) 0252 502663 / (+250) 0252 502664
Expression of Interest (EOI) for bids sought from suitably qualified consulting firms and individual consultants
Design of the training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping
Contact for clarification
Resource Right Programme Officer
Duration of the assignment
15 calendar days from 1st July 2019 – 15 July 2019
11 June 2019
Due Date for EOIs
Monday 24 June 2019 at 16h00
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has a presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia including Rwanda. Trócaire has been operating in Rwanda since 1994 and is currently implementing a 5-year Strategic plan from 2016-2020 focused on 3 programme pillars: Resource Rights, Women’s Empowerment and Preparing and Responding to Emergencies. Trócaire does not implement programmes directly. Instead, the organization works in partnership with local civil society and Catholic organizations in 7 districts in Rwanda.
Trócaire secured co-funding from the European Union effective 1 August 2018 to implement a project entitled “Enhancing the capacity and participation of small scale farmers and civil society organizations in decision making and governance processes related to sustainable agriculture and food security in Rwanda”. The project is oriented towards strengthening civil society organizations’ capacity to hold public authorities to account and to promote more inclusive, responsive and transparent governance in Rwanda. The specific objective of the project is to promote the effective participation of small scale farmers (particularly women) and civil society organizations in the development, implementation, and monitoring of agricultural policies and strategies in 3 districts namely Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Nyagatare.
Trócaire will treat the content of all submissions strictly confidential and information provided in the proposals will be used solely for the purpose of recruiting a suitable consultant for the design of the training module as described in this document.
- Purpose and scope of the assignment
The purpose of this Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) is to solicit the services of the consultancy firm (consultant) to design the training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping.
The consultant’s work will cover the design of the training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping which will serve as a guide to Trócaire’s implementing partners during the technical training at the district level. The consultant will also produce the simplified version of the module in Kinyarwanda for use by trainers and communities at the cell level. These tasks will be organized as follows:
- Design of technical training module to be used at the district level including translation (7days)
- Conduct a one (1) day validation meeting on the developed module
- Production of a simplified version of training module in Kinyarwanda for use at the cell level (6 days)
- Meeting with MINAGRI to share the final versions of the training module (1 day)
- Expected Results /Deliverables
a) One (1) training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping is developed with the aim to inform the capacity building for the communities in their effort to conduct the food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping in their area;
b) A simplified and translated version of the training module is produced for use by the Village Agriculture Committees at cell level;
c) The training modules in English and Kinyarwanda versions are validated by Trócaire and its sub-grantees for use
- Duration of the assignment
The assignment is expected to take 15 days and should be completed by 15 July 2019.
- Expertise required and Qualification:
Interested registered consultants’ /consulting firms should demonstrate relevant experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in developing the training tools with 5 years minimum;
- Strong understanding of food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping preferably in the Rwandan context;
- Strong background and experience of development work and programme particularly within the agriculture, gender and governance thematic areas;
- Experience of working with EU funded projects is preferred;
- Experience of working with Civil Society Organisations, Local NGOs and/or farmer cooperatives;
- Extended experience in training facilitation;
- Minimum of Masters in Food Security, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, and other relevant fields;
- Good command of English and Kinyarwanda with ability to present and moderate discussions in any of these languages; and
- Working within agreed deadlines while producing high quality work output.
- Documentation required for EOI
Consultants/Consulting companies submitting EOIs should submit the following:
- Technical bid showing a clear understanding of the scope of assignment and examples of similar assignments done before;
- Financial bid with a clear breakdown of costs and rate per day in RWF;
- VAT Registration and Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Payment terms and pricing structure;
- Proposed turnaround time in line with the proposed timeline above;
- Contact details of 3 references;
- Proof of registration with relevant institutions; and
- General Terms and Conditions
Trócaire Rwanda reserves the right to reject any and all Expressions of Interest not fulfilling requirements associated with this request. Trócaire Rwanda will in no case be responsible or liable for any and all costs associated with the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
- Trócaire does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced tender;
- Trócaire reserves the right to engage other companies/consultants if required;
Trócaire shall be free to:
- To accept the whole, or part only, of any EOI;
- To accept none of the EOIs tendered;
- To republish this Request for EOIs;
- In the event of not accepting any of the EOIs received on foot of this Request for EOI, Trócaire shall be free to make such arrangements as it considers necessary in relation to the provision of the services;
- The EOI shall maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the services being sought and the evaluation process;
- Any subsequent contract shall be considered as a contract made in Rwanda, according to Rwanda law; and
- The Standard Terms and Conditions to which Trócaire expects all of its supplier to respect is found on the Trócaire website - https://www.trocaire.org/about/work-with-trocaire/supply-chain.
- Conflict of interest
Any conflict of interest involving an applicant must be fully disclosed to Trócaire. Failure to disclose a conflict may disqualify an applicant or invalidate an award of the contract. Applicants are required to declare any current or past work which might reasonably be considered to represent a conflict of interest. It will be for Trócaire to decide if any material conflict of interest exists and applicants in doubt in this regard should seek the advice of Trócaire.
- Intellectual property
Any concepts, guidelines or other material developed during the contract will be considered as property of Trócaire and may be used by Trócaire.
- Termination of Contract
Trócaire reserves the right to terminate the contract at any stage on payment of reasonable and agreed costs accrued to the date of termination.
If at any stage during the contract, the services delivered by the consultant is found to be unsatisfactory, the contract may be terminated by Trócaire. In the event of such a termination, the consultant will only be entitled to receive payment in relation to the acceptable services rendered at that time.
- Submission of Expression of Interests (EOI)
All interested and qualified companies or individuals should submit well typed EOI documents submitted to Trócaire Rwanda, BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, Kigali, Rwanda not later than Monday 24 June 2019 at 16h00.
Alternatively, the EOIs should be submitted by email to email@example.com clearly indicating “EOI for the design of the training module on food security vulnerability analysis and risk mapping” in the subject heading. The financial proposal should be inclusive of tax and quoted in Rwandan Francs (RWF). Demonstrable experience and Value for Money (VFM) will be key considerations in evaluating proposals submitted. Only suitably qualified consulting firms and individual consultants’ resident in Rwanda will be considered. Any questions regarding this consultancy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
11 June 2019