Terms of Reference (TOR) for the engagement of qualified consultant/firm to produce a video
11 September 2018
BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, P.O. Box 2040,
Tel : (+250) 0252 502663 / (+250) 0252 502664
Expression of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified consulting firms for the production of a project video
Contact for clarification
Fred Ntakirutinka, Project Officer Grant Management for the USAID funded project at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of EOIs
Friday, September 28th, 2018 at 12.00 am
Trócaire is the official overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, established in 1973 and currently has the presence in more than 17 countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia including Rwanda. Trócaire has been operating in Rwanda since 1994 and is currently implementing a 5-year Strategic plan from 2016-2020 focused on 3 programme pillars: Resource Rights, Women’s Empowerment and Preparing and Responding to Emergencies. Trócaire does not implement programmes directly. Instead, the organization works in partnership with local civil society and Catholic organizations in 7 districts in Rwanda.
Trócaire with the support of USAID is implementing a project entitled, “Enhancing Participatory Governance and Accountability” for a 3 year period from April 2017. The project is oriented towards strengthening participatory and accountable governance through the participation of civil society and citizens, particularly women and youths, in the formulation, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of development policies and programs in the agricultural sector. The project takes place in 5 Districts, namely: Gakenke; Rulindo; Nyanza; Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru. The project is sponsored by USAID and Trócaire and implemented by 3 local partners: CEJP, UNICOOPAGI and RDO.
As part of this project, in compliance with specific donor’s requirements, a project video is to be produced to document project activities and impact.
Trócaire will treat the content of all submissions as strictly confidential and information provided in the proposals will be used solely for the purpose of recruiting a suitable consultant for the video production as described in this document.
- Purpose and scope of the assignment
The purpose of this Request for Expression of Interest is to solicit the services of an audiovisual producer (consultant) to produce a project video about the abovementioned project. Trócaire and partners ordinarily engage Consultants for support such as professional advice, evaluations and baselines.
The video will cover at least (further points proposed will be assessed in the evaluation phase): an explanation of the challenges the project aims to address, examples of success and impact, witnesses of project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
The product will comply with visibility requirements as fixed by Trócaire and the donor (USAID).
The produced video will have an approximate length of 10 minutes with editing adequate to a storytelling perspective. Overall style and tone of the final product will be agreed between Trócaire and the appointed producer upon signature of the contract.
The interviews will be shot in Kinyarwanda, English or French and will be subtitled into English. Any background music used must be either royalty free or granted of a 2 years license for web publishing and display in Rwanda.
- Time schedule
Pre-production phase: including at least storyboarding if needed, script writing, locations scouting, pre-selection of interviewees will take place upon contract signature and ideally between Oct. 12 and Oct. 26.
Shooting: 6 days of shooting (4 days divided between 2 to 3 field locations as necessary in addition to 2 days in Kigali) to take place ideally between Oct.29 and Nov.5
Post-production: draft editing with music, FX and subtitles to be delivered by Nov. 26
Trócaire review: inputs for final changes will be provided by Trócaire by Nov. 30
Final delivery: final version including required secondary post-production to be delivered by Dec. 15
- Documentation required for EOI
Consultants/Consulting companies submitting EOIs should submit the following:
- Technical bid showing a clear understanding of the scope of assignment and examples of similar assignments done before;
- Financial bid with a clear breakdown of costs and rate per day in RWF;
- VAT Registration and Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Payment terms and pricing structure;
- Proposed turnaround time in line with the proposed timeline above;
- Contact details of 2 references;
- Proof of registration with relevant institutions; and
- Contacts of account relationship manager(s) proposed.
- Expertise required and Qualification:
Interested consulting firms or individuals should demonstrate relevant experience in the following areas:
- All phases of audiovisual production;
- Understanding of humanitarian or development setting;
- Previous experience in the documentary genre will be particularly appreciated;
- Good command of English and French and capability to subtitle from Kinyarwanda if needed; and
- Working within agreed deadlines while producing high quality work output.
- General Terms and Conditions
Trócaire Rwanda reserves the right to reject any and all Expressions of Interest not fulfilling requirements associated with this request. Trócaire Rwanda will in no case be responsible or liable for any and all costs associated with the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest. In addition:
- Trócaire does not bind itself to accept the lowest priced tender;
- Trócaire reserves the right to engage other companies/consultants if required;
Trócaire shall be free to:
- To accept the whole, or part only, of any EOI;
- To accept none of the EOIs tendered;
- To republish this Request for EOIs;
- In the event of not accepting any of the EOIs received on foot of this Request for EOI, Trócaire shall be free to make such arrangements as it considers necessary in relation to the provision of the services;
- The EOI shall maintain strict confidentiality in relation to the services being sought and the evaluation process;
- Any subsequent contract shall be considered as a contract made in Rwanda, according to Rwanda law; and
- The Standard Terms and Conditions to which Trócaire expects all of its supplier to respect is found on the Trócaire website - https://www.Trócaire.org/about/work-with-Trócaire/supply-chain.
- Conflict of interest.
Any conflict of interest involving an applicant must be fully disclosed to Trócaire. Failure to disclose a conflict may disqualify an applicant or invalidate an award of the contract. Applicants are required to declare any current or past work which might reasonably be considered to represent a conflict of interest. It will be for Trócaire to decide if any material conflict of interest exists and applicants in doubt in this regard should seek the advice of Trócaire.
- Intellectual property
All the products (including pre-productions documents) will be considered as property of Trócaire and may be used by Trócaire.
- Termination of Contract
Trócaire reserves the right to terminate the contract at any stage on payment of reasonable and agreed costs accrued to the date of termination.
If at any stage during the contract, the services delivered by the consultant is found to be unsatisfactory, the contract may be terminated by Trócaire. In the event of such a termination, the consultant will only be entitled to receive payment in relation to the acceptable services rendered at that time.
- Submission of Expression of Interests (EOI)
All interested and qualified companies should submit well-typed Expressions of interest and all documents needs to be submitted in hard copy to the Procurement Committee, Trócaire Rwanda, BHC Building, 260 Bvd de l’Umuganda, Kacyiru, Kigali, Rwanda not later than Friday, September 28th, 2018 at 12.00 am.
Alternatively, the EOIs should be submitted by email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating “EOI/Video Production/Trócaire” in the subject heading.
Demonstrable experience and Value for Money (VFM) will be key considerations in evaluating proposals submitted.
11 September 2018
The project activities take place across 5 districts. The produced documentary will display a comprehensive look on the project, therefore addressed districts will be discussed and agreed with Trócaire upon signature of the contract.