EVERY VOICE COUNTS (EVC) PROJECT
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
RECRUITMENT OF POLICY ANALYST AND ADVOCACY SPECIALIST.
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe is a national civil society umbrella organization for civil society organizations working to advance Gender equality and equity through the development process. The organization was established in October 1992 and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote women’s socio-economic, political and legal status, and to enhance institutional and organizational capacities of the umbrella and its member organizations through promotion of sustainable human development based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice and human rights.
Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe in collaboration with CARE International Rwanda is implementing the Every Voice Counts (EVC) Project. Funded by the Netherland Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through, Care Netherlands, EVC project is being implemented in 5 districts of Southern Province, namely Kamonyi, Muhanga, Ruhango, Nyanza and Huye districts.
1. Project’s objective and outcomes
The project aims at promoting a citizen engagement and social accountability model for enhancing women participation and influence in governance processes to address gender based violence at local and National level.
2. Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe seeks to recruit a qualified and motivated Policy Analysist and Advocacy specialist
PFTH is currently expanding its communication, campaigning and advocacy team to link our programmatic advocacy both nationally, regionally and internationally; to give a bigger voice to the people we work for. The policy analyst and Advocacy specialist will undertake the following main duties:
- The Policy analyst and Advocacy specialist, along with PFTH management will develop and implement PFTH and advocacy strategy that is informed by PFTH members and EVC programme work on the ground.
- Monitor and take appropriate action on new and ongoing developments of policies, Laws and program in line with priority and advocacy goals. This involves developing a clear understanding of the principal decision-making processes in Rwanda that are relevant to Pro- Femmes advocacy work.
- Organize outreach events and engage with different stakeholder at grass root and national level, to build strong relationships with citizens/grassroots’ and governments to inform PFTH Advocacy strategy
- Analyze current and emerging policy in order to propose policy alternatives in accordance with PFTH advocacy goals.
- Organize and create opportunities/Events (such as seminars, meetings) to enable Pro- Femmes members and partners to contribute to public and policy debate on key advocacy issues.
- Update PFTH policy advocacy work, contribute to PFTH policy development, publications, planning and strategy, and liaise with s PFTH member working on policy, Advocacy and research and other
- Collaborate with Rwanda civil society platform, networks and other CSOs and contribute to PFTH advocacy agenda.
- Liaise with PFTH members and support in capacity strengthening especially on advocacy and policy analysis
- In collaboration with the Advocacy and Communication coordinator at PFTH engage with media, develop communications materials and provide opportunities for the public to learn more about PFTH work.
- Keeping up to date with standards of professionalism and PFTH’s expectations concerning personal behaviour and values; at all times acting accordingly
- Being aware of what PFTH is doing outside of personal specialism in order to communicate PFTH’s strategies, programs and accomplishments effectively
- Participating in other high profile events (e.g. national events) and networking opportunities
- Required Qualifications and Experiences
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in development studies, economics, law, political science with at least 7years of working experience
- A holder of Master’s degree with at least 4 years in a relevant discipline (development studies, economics, law, political science)
- Strong research and public policy analysis experience, preferably on issues relevant to gender ,women and child rights
- Strong experience and knowledge of CSO in Rwanda
- Experience of managing or being part of an integrated campaign that links research and lobbying with public campaigning
- Excellent communication and influencing skills verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and relationships management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer knowledge (Excel, PowerPoint office, Ms. Word…)
- At least five years’ experience in Policy, Advocacy or Campaigning related work
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda.
- Knowledge of French will be added advantage
- How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other relevant work certificates to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe and delivered in hard copies to Pro-Femmes offices by 16:30 pm on 25th February 2019.
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe head office is located next to Gahanga Sector offices, Kicukiro District.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
- Online applications will not be considered
Kigali, 08 February 2019
KANAKUZE Jeanne d’Arc
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe