YOUTH FOR CHRIST RWANDA (YFC/Rwanda) is a Faith Based Organization that has been operating in Rwanda for more than 25 years. The organization owns and operates a Christian school known as Ecole Chretienne de Kigali/Kigali Christian School.
Our vision is, to see that every young person in every people group in every district of Rwanda has the opportunity to make an informed decision to be a follower of Jesus Christ and become part of a local church.
Our main activities include: Evangelism, Leadership and Discipleship development, and Education.
Purpose of the Audit
The overall objective of the External Audit is to establish/review the compliance of both institutions (Youth For Christ Rwanda and Ecole Chretienne de Kigali) to Rwandan law and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Scope of Assignment
Activities: The auditor will:
- Perform statutory audits of both institutions, as required by Rwandan law and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Plan and organize the audit on the basis of risk assessment to provide satisfactory assurance that the financial statements are free of misstatement due to fraud and errors.
- Ascertain that multi donor funds and other incomes received by these organizations have been applied for the intended purpose and have been accounted for.
- Verify that funds received by YFC/Rwanda and Ecole Chretienne de Kigali, have been acknowledged and reflected in the financial reports/statements.
- Review and report on effectiveness of the organizations internal control systems in accordance with the International Auditing standards.
- Review and report on the effectiveness of the finance system, human resource management as well as procurement system.
- Analyze the existing General Administrative procedures and policies that contribute to the governance and management of the execution poof the activities of both institutions.
Firms seeking to apply should be registered with ICPAR and must have been in operation at least for the last 5 years providing both audit and tax advisory services. Additionally, the firm must demonstrate experience in the audit of not for profit entities and organizations with similar to YFC/Rwanda and Ecole Chretienne de Kigali.
Inception report: The consultant will be expected to produce and submit an inception report for review by YFC Rwanda team within 5 working days after signing the contract. The inception report is expected to highlight a clear matrix that shows the key information points that will be explored during the audit period. The inception report will be preceded by a meeting with YFC/Rwanda and Ecole Chretienne de Kigali team to outline expectations for the assignment, including the key deliverables.
The Auditor will submit 2 draft audit reports one for YFC/Rwanda and the other for Ecole Chretienne de Kigali for discussion to the team from both institutions. The Auditor shall incorporate changes and develop final reports. Final Audit work plan and report
The Auditor should state the methodology/approach of conducting the audits. Upon selection, the firm will be expected to provide a letter of engagement which will also highlight the basis of the auditors work.
The Auditor should provide a quote for the provision of audit services as highlighted above. This should include projected fees for the audit of both YFC/Rwanda and Ecole Chretienne de Kigali.
Duration of the Audit
The audit is expected to start by 4th March 2021 and will take maximum 20 working days from the day the contract will be signed between YFC/Rwanda and the Consultant.
Management and supervision of the Audit
- YFC/Rwanda will provide the non-cost support to the consultant throughout the course of the audit.
- YFC/Rwanda will verify that the minimum standards of the document have been met and will review the quality of work and ensure that the ToR expectations are met before payment.
This External Audit report is expected to be done by 24th March 2020. The Auditor should provide a detailed timeline in the technical offer.
Expected qualifications for the bidders
This assignment requires a sound knowledge of taxes, financial, managerial, organizational development skills, and experience to be able to do a holistic institutional audit.
Interested bidders should be the companies. The companies will be required to clearly indicate the person who will be leading this work, hereby known as the Lead Consultant. The lead Consultant must have the following key competencies:
- Advanced university degree in accounting, audit, or related field; or a first-level degree combined with a professional accounting, auditing, or related designation (CA, CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, ACCA).
- Minimum of five years of audit experience, preferably in internal/external audit, or other directly relevant experience, after professional certification is required.
- Evidence of similar works done previously for Nongovernmental Organizations in Rwanda.
- Familiar with the work of FBOs
- Fluent in English, ideally with the excellent level of Kinyarwanda
The applicant to this work must put the full contact of the contact person.
Submission of proposal
The Consultant is expected to submit a detailed proposal with the following components:
a) Administrative documents
each bidder shall submit the following documents
(i) Copy of Registration certificate
(ii) VAT Registration
(iii) RRA clearance
b) Technical proposal to include:
a one-page Consultant understands of the TOR;
- Two pages of the proposed methodology, activities, and expected outcomes;
● A detailed activities schedule/work plan with time frame (including a Gantt chart);
● A profile of the consulting firm including the full names, physical addresses, telephone numbers, and contact person of the firm/company;
● Copy of CVs of the lead consultant who will undertake the proposed work;
● Previous examples of similar work or carried out by the Consultant.
c) A financial proposal detailing:
Itemized consultant’s fees;
● Itemized field data collection expenses ;
● Itemized administration expenses;
● The validity period of the quotation;
● Expected payment plan and method;
Deadline for Application
The proposals should be submitted in hard copies (1 original and 1 copy) at the Reception desk at YFC/Rwanda offices, Country Office, at Gasabo District, Kimironko Sector, and Kibagabaga Cell in Kigali City. Opposite of Kacyiru Court, not later than 1st March 2021 at 05:00 am Kigali Time.
Contact: 0788587168 or 0780988197