Conseil de Concertation des Organisations d’Appui aux Initiatives de Base
Personnalité juridique : A.M. n° 103/11 du 07/09/2004
B.P.1993 KIGALI – RWANDA; Tél. mobile (+250) (0) 788302065
Kigali, International Airport Road KN 5RD, Building №18
TERMS OF REFERENCE TO TRANSLATE PSTA4 FROM ENGLISH TO KINYARWANDA, FRENCH AND TO SIMPLIFY KINYARWANDA VERSION INTO A CITIZEN GUIDE WITH ILLUSTRATIONS.
- BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION AND SCOPE OF THE WORK
The “Conseil de Concertation des Organisations d’Appui aux Initiatives de Base” (CCOAIB) is an Umbrella organization of 38 Rwandan local NGOs in development operating in all 30 districts.
Established in 1987. It was granted a legal personality № 103/11 of July 9, 2004, and has already fulfilled all requirements for compliance with the law № 04/2012 of 17/02/2012 governing organization and the functioning of non- governmental organizations. As an umbrella, CCOAIB serves as a framework of exchange, consultations, dialogue, negotiation, peer learning, solidarity and advocacy.
70% of CCOAIB member organizations are actively involved in livelihoods, with a special focus on supporting grass roots farmers and CBOs. CCOAIB is at the forefront of monitoring the decentralization process and influencing public policy formulation, implementation, and evaluation mainly in Agriculture and Governance. It has conducted several researches that it uses to carry out an evidence-based advocacy. To equip citizens with relevant knowledge on public policies CCOAIB has already produced and disseminated simplified citizen guides in Kinyarwanda on The policy of decentralization in 2011, EDPRS II in 2013 And TWIGIRE MUHINZI in 2016.
This time, with the financial support from EU through Action Aid Rwanda and Trocaire for the implementation of the two projects entitled respectively “Strengthen CSO capacity in promoting sustainable agriculture policies and citizen participatory budgeting in Rwanda (SCAB Project)” and “Enhancing the capacity and participation of small-scale farmers and civil society organizations in decision making and governance processes related to sustainable agriculture and food security in Rwanda (SCSO-PSTA4 Project)” focusing on the formulation, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of policies, programs and budgets related to the agriculture sector, CCOAIB intends to recruit a consultant or consulting firm to translate the entire document of PSTA4 from English to Kinyarwanda and French, and simplify the Kinyarwanda version into a simple citizen guide (booklet) with illustrations to make it more accessible to the ordinary Rwandan farmer. The PSTA4 is the 4th edition of Rwanda’s strategic plan for the transformation of agriculture to promote food security through increasing productivity.
2. PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Low levels of knowledge among small-scale farmers of agriculture-related policies and strategies and the roles and responsibilities of agricultural committees at village, cell, sector, and district level, limits their engagement, ownership and participation in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agriculture-related policies and strategies. One contributing factor to the lack of sufficient knowledge is the fact that policy and strategy documents are of a technical nature and are only available in the English language not commonly used by ordinary Rwandan farmers. To supplement the effort of the Rwandan Government, to increase citizen participation in public policies, CCOAIB intends to translate PSTA4 from English to Kinyarwanda and French, and produce a simplified citizen guide with illustration on PSTA4 in Kinyarwanda.
The purpose of this assignment is to make available PSTA4 in a more accessible language and form to most Rwandans especially small-scale farmers.
3. CONSULTANT (S) OR CONSULTING FIRM (S) PROFILES
- The consultants or consulting firms should have experience in translating, simplifying and illustrating public policies or programs; having done the similar duties on agriculture-related policies will be an added value.
- The consultant or the consulting firm should have more than five years of working experience in the agriculture sector.
- The consultants or consulting firms should provide evidence of documents they have successfully completed.
- They should have proficiency in spoken and written English, Kinyarwanda, and French.
- As it is an integrated work herein advertised, the applicants should present detailed profiles for every member of consulting team to do a specific portion (Translators (Kinyarwanda and French), Simplifier and Illustrator) all meeting the above-mentioned requirements.
- Each section (Translations, Simplification with Illustration) will be given a specific timeframe.
4. KEY DELIVERABLES
The consultancy team shall provide:
- A translated copy of the entire PSTA4 in Kinyarwanda,
- A translated copy of the entire PSTA4 in French,
- A simplified citizen guide (booklet) in Kinyarwanda with illustrations,
Interested applicants (firm or individuals) who fulfill the requirements set here-in should present an expression of interest letter, detailed CVs, together with a Technical (with detailed methodology) and financial offers addressed to the Executive Secretary of CCOAIB. The 3 copies (1 original and two copies) of Technical offer and the Financial Offer should be in separate sealed envelopes, both put in one big envelope.
Applications shall be submitted at CCOAIB office located at Remera, Kigali city, International Airport Road KN 5RD, Building N0 18, not later than 17th August 2018 at 10:00 AM.
The envelopes shall be publicly opened immediately and applicants must be represented in the event. Online applications are not allowed. All applicants shall subsequently be notified.
6. SELECTION PROCEDURE
To select the best consultant/firm the Quality Based Selection (QBS) method will be used.
Kigali, 6th August 2018
Jean Claude NGENDANDUMWE
Executive Secretary of CCOAIB