JOB TITLE: Tours and Travel Manager
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN
LOCATION: KIGALI, RWANDA
CONTRACT DURATION: 2 YEARS RENEWABLE
ABOUT PALAST ROCK TOURS AND TRAVELS:
Palast Tours &Travels is a subsidiary of PALAST ROCK HOLDINGS, a private Rwandan based company specializing in hospitality and tourism investments.
PALAST ROCK HOLDINGS is actively involved with various partners locally, regionally and internationally in the continuous marketing of Rwanda tourism and hospitality industry.
Palast Tours & Travels is Palast Rock Holdings’ newest investment in the industry to further strengthen the value chain of our products/services offering to achieve the overall business growth.
The Tours and Travel Manager will be responsible for running sales and operational activities of the business. The Manager’s primary role will be to lead in strategic business development, proactively identify and implement solutions to constantly improve service levels and business performance. He/she will be responsible to handle the complete operations (end-to-end planning) of the business including sales and staff development as well monitoring of financial management.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the company’s operational policies and procedures
- Setting the company annual sales targets and revenue management through KPIs distributed among all staff
- Developing world class and innovative travel solutions for achieving set targets
- Designing the company strategic marketing plan and detailed budget
- Exploring and identifying new business opportunities in a competitive and dynamic tourism and hospitality industry
- Promoting the business to existing, new and/or niche markets locally, regionally and internationally
- Identifying and making a cost-benefit/analysis of important tourism and hospitality fam trips, events, conferences, workshops, seminars and fairs/roadshows to attend
- Developing unique and flexible domestic and international packages that meet the demand of the target source markets or consumer preferences
- Setting the company annual sales targets and revenue management through KPIs distributed among all staff.
- Developing business linkages with local, regional and international tour operators and accommodation service providers
- Leading, coaching, motivating and empowering the staff in delivering the highest standards of services including constantly improving service levels and performance such as prompt response to customers’/partners’ inquiries or special requirements
- Ensuring that clients’ tours/expeditions and all travel arrangements run smoothly and taking proactive approach in dealing with emergencies
- Delivering and exceeding the company’s set targets for productivity and/or profitability
- Ensuring a regular monitoring/reporting and maintaining statistical records of the company performance
- Handle any other tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong business communication skills and email etiquette
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate independent initiative taking, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability
- Minimum 4 years of proven experience in travel business functions particularly in sales, marketing, product development, guest relations, customer service or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Travel and Tourism Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, among others
- Fluency in both English and Kinyarwanda or English and Kiswahili is compulsory. Knowledge of French will be an added value.
- Knowledge of social media, e-newsletters and other digital marketing technologies commonly used in the tourism and hospitality industry (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia, TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook, Instagram…..)
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs with 3 references and notarized degrees not later than 15th December 2018 strictly to the following email: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Palast Rock Ltd is committed to diversity in the workplace and offers a supportive work environment.