BBOXX Capital Rwanda wishes to recruit qualified and self-motivated staff to work in the following position;
BBOXX is a UK-based company providing affordable, upgradeable solar solutions to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, we have 450+ staff - working across 5 offices in the UK, China and East Africa - who are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20M people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify the world!
JOB DESCRIPTION – Trainer
- Reports to: HR Manager
- Location: Country Office (Kigali)
- Purpose: To prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities in BBOXX CAPITAL RWANDA.
- Job’s Responsibilities
- Plan and execute individual training sessions
- Lead training sessions when needed
- Keep the training calendar up to date
e) Description of tasks
- Assist with preparing budgets for training sessions
- Arrange venues for training sessions
- Purchase materials needed for training and make sure they are present at trainings
- Coordinate attendance of trainees and trainers with relevant line managers
- Lead training sessions where required on a variety of different topics
- Train, mark exams and enter results into MS Excel (keep a monthly log sheet of trainings conducted)
- Improve the training request process and ensure it is known by all BBOXX staff
- Respond to requests for training from Line Managers
- Schedule requested trainings in the Training Calendar and prioritize according to the business needs.
- Produce monthly reports assessing whether BBOXX operational processes have up-to-date training materials associated with them
- Provide feedback on training processes and tools to both HR Manager and Training & Development Manager
- Consult with Heads of departments/managers periodically to understand new/updates in processes and training needs
- Develop appropriate training materials based on business needs and consult Promap for any updates.
- Ability to assess knowledge gaps in different departments periodically
f) Person Specification
We’re looking for bright, ambitious people with a passion for learning & development (both for themselves and others) Good candidates will:
- Possess a university degree
- Ideally have prior work experience in a learning & development context; teaching and/or training admin experience in a university, corporate, or government setting is a plus.
- Have excellent organizational and execution skills: you have an uncanny ability to make sure things happen in the right way, on time. You don’t let any detail slip by you – if a projector is not compatible with a laptop, you already know it and have a solution. You know who needs to be where at what time, and stay on their case until they do it. Event planning experience is a plus.
- Teach and present effectively – whether presenting in front of a class, or sitting one-on-one with an individual student, you can help others learn. You don’t just talk well, but can understand what is blocking someone from understanding content and tailor your teaching to them. In a group setting, you can “manage the room”: pacing the flow of a training to stay within time limits, handling questions, and conducting hands-on exercises.
- Be able to analyse data at a basic level – you won’t need to do any complicated analyses, but you do need the detail orientation and analytical skills to be able to comb through lists of processes and assess whether each process has appropriate training content.
- Use Excel proficiently – You’ll need to prepare basic reports and budgets in Excel. Nothing fancy, but you need to know formulas.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills – the Academy develops and implements training for the entire business, so you’ll need to learn how to navigate the organization and get people to do things for you—namely, to produce training content and show up to deliver training sessions.
Deadline: Wednesday, 24th June 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
How to apply:
- Send your CV & Degree or Diploma to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must put the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do this, your application shall not be considered.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview