RECRUITMENT OF A TRAINER FOR THE MODULE OF LOAN MANAGEMENT IN DUAL APPRENTICESHIP SYSTEM
RICEM was launched in June 2014 as Vocational Technical Institute for the three pillars namely Cooperatives, Microfinance and Entrepreneurship. It was created from the “Centre de Formation ET de Recherché” (former Iwacu Kabusunzu) which was initiated by the Government of Rwanda and the Government of Switzerland for the capacity development of Cooperatives.
In partnership with DSIK, RDB, AMIR and MFIs, RICEM is implementing a Dual system of learning in both Kigali and Rubavu. It is part of the DSIK Regional Project East Africa, which has been launched in September 2014 It fosters vocational education, institutional professionalization of microfinance associations and financial inclusion in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Within the regional project, one objective is the implementation of a Dual Apprenticeship System for the Rwandan Microfinance Sector in order to enhance the quality of vocational education in the sector. The Dual Apprenticeship System is a capacity development intervention, specifically targeting young adults. The training is based on a competency-based approach to teaching and learning, hence encompassing the development of knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviour. The Dual Training method puts strong emphasis on practical knowledge and skills application which is reflected in its rotational fashion of the learning place of which 20% is theory-based learning at school and 80% is practical workplace learning. The training qualifies to become a Microfinance Professional and is aligned with Rwanda's TVET Qualification Framework (RTQF).
The Dual System pursues three main goals:
- Improvement of employability and productivity of the apprentice.
- Significant increase of MFIs’ service quality and institutional performance.
- Continuous increase of professionalism and growth of the microfinance sector.
Terms of Reference:
- The trainer must be fluent in English and must have several years (5+ years) of work experience in credit operations. In addition to that, he/she must have experience as a trainer related to credit and delinquency management in Rwanda’s microfinance sector.
- As part of the Dual Apprenticeship System, the trainer is requested to provide the theory-based training at school. Against the backdrop of a competence-based training, the trainer will conduct the training in a holistic manner, hence, supporting the development of the trainees’ knowledge, skills as well as attitudes.
- The trainer is required to provide the training in a participatory fashion. This is to mean that classroom training is implemented in a learner-centered and participatory fashion by applying a variety of teaching-and-learning methods (discussions, group work, role-play, brainstorming, case studies, etc.). The trainer shall encourage the learners to develop, exchange and apply new as well as existing knowledge.
- In order to monitor the performance as well as learning process of the apprentices, the trainer is required to apply Quality Assurance mechanisms in class, namely pre- and post-exams, Formative Assessments (FAs), as well as participation evaluation. The trainer commits her/him self to provide adequate feedback to the pre/post exams and Formative Assessment (FAs) and include their outcome into training session development. The trainer furthermore agrees to receive external observers throughout classroom training in order to enable Quality Assurance.
The Service Provider’s specific tasks for the mission include:
- Provide theoretical training once a week (Wednesday or Thursday) from 8 AM until 5 PM at RICEM premises or virtually for the agreed period of time.
- Prepare relevant classroom training materials including:
- the Power Point Presentations based on the developed and provided Trainee Manual
- Weekly session agendas
- the session agenda(s) for the recap session(s) is provided
- the trainer will conduct a session review (review sheet provided) in the last input session on the basis of which she will prepare the recap session
- Ensure availability and readiness of classroom materials prior to each session (laptop, projector, flip chart including stand, water for apprentices, task and solution sheets, handouts)
- Conduct, marks, collect and provide feedback to pre- and post-exam exams during the first and the last session respectively
- Conduct participation evaluation on the basis of provided evaluation sheets (weekly and concluding) conduct weekly participation evaluation based on provided sheets, accumulate results, and use the results in the bilateral feedback sessions.
- Collect all Formative Assessment (FAs) including corrections as well as performance surveys and any training relevant surveys (employability survey, in-company trainer survey, etc.) from apprentices in the provided hard copy folder
- Provide feedback and correction to activities with a special focus on potential homework assignments to apprentices either face to face or in a written fashion
- Share training material with apprentices via email in its soft-copy version after each training session
- hand back the trainer manual after training completion to the project team
How to apply
For the interested candidates, they are kindly requested to submit their expression of interest, detailed CV and supporting proofs related to the achievements in credit areas. All those docs will be addressed to email@example.com by 3rd August, 2021 @ 5:00 PM.