Laterite (www.laterite.com )
On Project-Basis, Project duration varies 2-12 weeks
Translate the interview materials from the source to the target language (English to Kinyarwanda and vice versa)
Currently enrolled in a university or holding at least a bachelor’s degree, Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English (French is a plus)
English and Kinyarwanda (French is a plus)
At Laterite, we are passionate about transforming the way development research is done. Our mission is to deploy the most innovative research methods to make a difference on development issues. We provide three types of services: i) comprehensive data collection and data processing solutions; ii) research services, from the design of large-scale research projects through to analysis; and iii) strategic and technical advice to public and private sector clients.
Laterite’s growing network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and India. Our teams bring together more than 45 full time local and international staff, 500 enumerators across countries, in a fun and family-like work environment. Laterite works with internationally recognized universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations and several Government ministries and agencies.
- We believe that making a difference is a long-term endeavor that requires being embedded in the local context: Delivering high quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, understanding the context, establishing close working relationships with key players and understanding their constraints and motivations.
- We are rigorous and structured, but not rigid in our choice of analytic methods: Our mission is to deploy the most innovative research methods to design effective responses to development issues. We define ourselves by our ability to embrace new technologies and research methodologies in our project work.
- We strive to innovate with every opportunity: With every new challenge and opportunity we try to innovate and embrace new technologies, always with the objective of creating new and better ways of conducting research.
- We value diversity and equal opportunity.
You can find out more about Laterite on our website at: www.laterite.com
- Translate the interview materials from Kinyarwanda to English and vice versa
- Clarify terms and concepts that would otherwise remain ambiguous or decontextualized
- Conceptualize the language in order to avoid misinterpretation, misunderstanding and loss of the intended meaning
- Act in a professional and honest manner and serve as example to fellow team members
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand
An ideal candidate is a recent graduate or student currently enrolled in a university or any other person holding at least a bachelor’s degree with excellent verbal and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English (French is a plus).
This position is offered on a project basis. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted based on availability of positions. Translators will also benefit from training sessions aimed at improving their professional development.
- Currently enrolled in a university or holding at least a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English (French an asset)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- Consistent punctuality
- Effective team-player
- Attention to details
- Quick learner
Dates are flexible and will be decided between Laterite and the selected candidates. Successful candidates will also be placed in our database and be contacted each time a new project begins. The application deadline is February 28, 2019.
Please complete the following application form by February 28, 2019. The application process will involve three steps: (i) online application; (ii) a translation exercise; and (iii) tests.