Terms of Reference for recruitment of TRAVEL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT OFFICER
- Position title: Travel and Administrative Support Officer
- Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
- Contract Duration: Two years
- Application Deadline: 25th January 2022
I. About the Smart Africa
SMART Africa is a bold and innovative commitment from African Heads of State and Government and a wide range of stakeholders including the private sector, international non-government organisations, and academia to accelerate sustainable socio-economic development on the continent, ushering Africa into a knowledge economy through affordable access to Broadband and usage of Information and Communications Technologies.
The Smart Africa agenda is led by visionary Heads of State who believe in ICT’s power for the advancement and betterment of the African continent. This agenda will lead Africa to the 04th industrial revolution, using the transformative power of ICTs through a successful implementation and deployment of major ICT infrastructure, applications, services, and creating local relevant content for Africa while developing a vibrant ICT industry and creating jobs.
Smart Africa aims to put ICT at the centre of the national socio-economic development agenda of member countries, improve access to ICT, especially Broadband, improve accountability, efficiency, and openness through ICT. It promotes the introduction of advanced technologies in telecommunication while putting the Private Sector first and leveraging ICT to promote sustainable development. Visit https://smartafrica.org/ for more information about Smart Africa.
II. Responsibilities and work relationships
The Travel and Administrative Support Officer will work under the supervision of the Executive Assistant. Her/His responsibilities will cover the following work areas:
1. Travel Support to Staff and Guests
- Assist in preparation of confirmed travel clearances
- Work with travel agent or airlines to obtain the most economic ticket fare and shortest routes possible
- Ensure air tickets are booked and issued on time to secure seat availability and access the best ticket fare options.
- Process travel expense claims from staff
- Reconcile air ticket invoices against approved booking fare
- Identify and follow up with travel agent or/and airline refunds for air ticket cancelations
- Assist travelling staff and guests on visa requests, ticket booking, hotel bookings,
- Update staff with relevant travel advisories on security, health, safety, etc.
- Assist in arranging protocol, security, and logistic support for visiting VIP guests
2. Administrative Support to Executive Office
- Assist in the daily administrative tasks
- Assist in drafting correspondences and other documents
- Assist in filing and archiving of correspondences and documents
- Manage frais de representation
- Keep copies of electronic filing of mission reports
- Ensure that confidentiality is preserved for confidential information, documents, and records
3. Administrative Support to Human Resource Office
- Assist in keeping and updating staff leave records
- Assist in gathering new member/dependent records for staff enrolment to the health insurance scheme,
- Assist in following up with medical insurance broker on staff refund claim for medical expenses
- Assist staff in requests for residence visas and foreigner identity cards
- Assist staff on requests for duty free privileges
- Keep records of staff on residence visa and initiate visa renewal process at least 2 months prior to the expiry date
- Assist new staff relocation with accommodation booking and arrival pickup
- Provide logistical and administrative support to staff workshops and travels
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Travel Management, Business Administration or other related fields
- IATA certificate in fare and ticketing with Amadeus or Galileo platforms will be an asset
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in working with travel agents, travel support, air ticketing, administrative work, or other relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Results Focused
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Teamwork and team spirit
- Treating all people with respect
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Proficiency in both written and oral communication required in English and French. Proficiency in other international language in spoken in Africa will be an asset.
IV. Duration of the contract
The expected duration of the contract will be of 2 years and may be extended subject to continued need for the role and availability of funds.
V. Duty Station
The position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
VI. Application Instructions and Deadline
Candidates should send the following documents to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th January 2022:
- A detailed CV in either English or French.
- A one-page cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
- Copies of academic degrees, professional training certificates, and other relevant certificates
Only selected candidates will be contacted