EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Old Mutual plc. Is a leading multinational long-term savings, protection and investment group which has been operating for over 170 years. It has operations in Africa, Europe, America and Asia, supported by over 56,000 employees serving over 16 million customers. Old Mutual is listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya (www.oldmutual.co.ke), UAP Holdings (www.uap-group.com) and Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Rwanda.
The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It therefore wishes to fill the below vacant positions with a qualified, experienced and talented individuals to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The position’s details are further outlined below:
UNIT MANAGERS- GENERAL & HEALTH BUSINESS – 2 POSITIONS
Reporting to the DSF Manager, the position holder ensures close supervision and support of field sales agents in their pursuit of business to ensure Company procedures and ethics are followed in order to achieve company budgets/targets
To provide direction to the Sales and Marketing teams thus achieving the delivery of the General Business & Health Budget hence establishing UAP Insurance as a world-class insurer, readily recognized within Rwanda and the East African region.
- Recruitment and selection of 25 minimum number of Tied agents
- Drive growth of products and sales training among all Unit’s Tied Agents so as to ensure maximum client reach and profitability of the relevant channels.
- Train the Direct sales Force under his/her Unit
- Set goals and monitoring performance to ensure every agent meets sales targets.
- Manage Unit Business- for targets and regulatory compliance
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, Marketing Diploma, 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrate ability to have worked in similar positions with leadership to Tied Agents.
- Ability to interact with Direct Dales Agents/ Tied Agents
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance is an added advantage
Key skills and competencies
- Insurance Product knowledge, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure and tight deadline
- Persuasion, resilience, and influencing skills
- Act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Good business acumen and good understanding of the market
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, power point with presentation experience.
- Environment in both underwriting and marketing.
- Will to win, competitive and outgoing
- Never give up attitude, and very hard working
- Fluency in English will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply for the positions through firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 PM on Friday, 16th November 2018.
RUTH MUTONI ANNIE M. NIBISHAKA
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES DEPUTY & AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR