ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a UX / UI designer at One Acre Fund, you will design technology that expands farmers' access to life-changing agricultural products and services. One Acre Fund is developing new apps to connect farmers in rural areas to quality farm products, training, and markets for their crops. You will design a seamless user experience across platforms -- from USSD to tablets to smartphone apps -- that is intuitive for users from all backgrounds and levels of digital literacy.
- Work with Product Managers and product teams to translate user data, user research, and user insights into coherent, well-thought-out user journeys and design
- Lead One Acre Fund's User Experience (UX) design approach and strategy as we expand into more digital solutions for farmers
- Design the user flow, user interface, and user experience for our web and mobile solutions
- Translate user needs into application flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that are intuitive and smooth
- Support the development team in implementing organization brand standards across their work
- Promote a culture of user-centered design, especially in the context of our applications targeting users with low digital literacy
- Conduct user tests and experiment with A/B testing campaigns
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in User Experience design in digital
- Proficient with mockup/prototyping tools; familiarity with Figma preferred
- Proficiency in modern, responsive HTML/CSS (flexbox, variables, animation) and a CSS preprocessor (less or sass) will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in at least one major CSS framework - familiarity with Material-UI preferred
- Graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe suite design products, including InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience working in Agile project settings, ideally with an understanding of other project management methodologies including Waterfall and Kanban
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE:8th September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.