KOREA INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY (KOICA)
KG 34 Ave 13
Plot No. 10050, Nyarutarama, Kigali, Rwanda
December 2nd, 2019
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) was founded as a government agency on April 1, 1991 under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to implement Korea’s grants and technical cooperation programs. The Agency is also promoting sustainable development in developing countries while strengthening partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders and development partners.
KOICA started its first development cooperation with the Government of Rwanda in 2006, and the KOICA Rwanda Office was officially established in 2011 to extend and strengthen its development activities in the country. KOICA Rwanda Office is constantly seeking to enhance its relations and engagement with various stakeholders involved in development.
KOICA Rwanda Office is therefore looking for competent candidates for the position of Volunteer Program Manager.
Vision of KOICA Rwanda Office
Contribute to poverty reduction and sustainable development of the Republic of Rwanda in line with Vision 2020, the National Strategy for Transformation and the Country Partnership Strategy of the Republic of Korea and further strengthen the partnership between the two countries.
Position: Volunteer Program Manager (1)
Duties and Responsibilities:
① Volunteer Demand Survey Management:
- Identify qualified and suitable partners for the dispatch of KOICA volunteers.
- Liaise with potential partners to provide introduction to KOICA volunteer program.
- Develop and update demand survey form and manage volunteer database.
- Provide assistance to potential partners in filling out the demand survey form, including the Terms of Reference of volunteers.
- Manage the quality of the demand survey and volunteer application forms.
- Perform other works required by the management in relation to volunteer demand survey.
② Volunteer Support
- Establish communication channels with volunteer host organizations for effective cooperation and collaboration.
- Maintain communication channels with volunteers to effectively handle and respond to emergencies and issues related to the activities of volunteers.
- Assist the preparation for various events organized by KOICA Rwanda Office to enhance its relationship with volunteer host organizations and other partners, including the annual WFK conference, volunteer evaluation conference, volunteer safety and security conference, etc.
- Support and monitor in-country trainings for new volunteers (Language Training, Cultural trips and life experience, OJT, etc.)
- Perform other works required by the management in relation to volunteer support.
③ Administrative Support:
- Manage office space to maintain good working conditions.
- Arrange meetings and liaise with volunteer host organizations and partners whenever necessary.
- Manage data related to the dispatch of volunteers to Rwanda and prepare the report to the management.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required by the management
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the following disciplines: Education, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration or any other disciplines deemed relevant with at least 2 years of work experience.
Required (Preferred) Skills and Competencies:
- Good command of English and Kinyarwanda with effective communication skills; knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Being Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office (Word and PowerPoint);
- Strong work ethics (timeliness, collaboration, and integrity), timely reporting and customer-oriented attitude.
- Having previous job experiences with international organizations or Korean organizations is a strong advantage.
- Good health and without any criminal and conviction records.
- Interested candidates are required to submit an application letter addressed to the Country Director of KOICA Rwanda Office, enclosed and sealed with a detailed C.V, a notarized copy of degree certificates and of past work certificates in related field to the reception of the KOICA Rwanda Office in Nyarutarama, Golf course road, KG 34 Ave 13 by 5:00 P.M. by December 10th, 2019.
- The C.V. must be written within 3 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The relevant experience will only be effective with a hard copy of the certificates presented at submission.
- Submitted copies of letter and documents are not to be returned.
Successful candidates will sit for a written test and interview on December 13th, 2019. (Please, be noted that the interview schedule is subject to change depending upon the schedule of KOICA Rwanda Office).
※ Please, note that CV and other documents submitted to the purpose of application shall be true, legit, and without any false claims. KOICA Rwanda Office shall have rights to cancel the result of this hiring process if it is found that CV and other documents contain false, misleading, or forged information.