Based in Kayonza, Rwanda
The Urugo Women’s Opportunity Center has evolved into a vibrant, multi-purpose community facility for learning, commerce, partnership, and a place for WfWI to share with the world the success of our model, benefiting women and the community at large.
The Center offers education and rights training, job skills training, and economic and employment opportunities for women and the community at-large. With the goal of achieving self-sustainability, the Center also operates revenue-generating activities to finance its educational and training work, such as lodging facilities, restaurant and a roadside café shop, handicraft gift shop, market stalls, a sewing center, dairy production unit, a cultural tourism center and rental of space for meetings and events.
It is also a destination for national and international tourists seeking unique experiences and products that celebrate the Rwandan culture, and increasingly the home to several thriving businesses run by WfWI graduates.
Located in the heart of Kayonza, the center promotes the social and economic empowerment of women in Rwanda.
The Urugo Women’s Opportunity Center (WOC) is looking for a qualified waiter/waitress. The successful candidate will play an important role in achieving our customers’ satisfaction and revenue growth objectives. This position reports to the Sales and Hospitality manager of Urugo WOC.
- Great and welcome guests of the restaurant and/or roadside café.
- Promptly present menus to guests and communicate daily specials, answer questions about the menu, and provide recommendations if requested.
- Take beverage and food orders promptly when guests are ready to order.
- Serve beverages to guests within 3 minutes of ordering.
- Ensure food order is accurate before taking out to guests.
- Check with the customers and make sure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Prepare customer bills that itemize and total costs including the taxes.
- Collect payments from the customers.
- Deposit all order tickets and revenues on a daily basis to supervisor.
- Minimum Secondary School certificate and/or Specialized Training certificate;
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a relevant field;
- Basic English and Fluent Kinyarwanda required (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV and Cover Letter including contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th, 2019. Only selected candidates will be contacted.