Vision Garment Ltd is a startup manufacturing flag bearer in garment and mosquito net manufacturing with the target to manufacture and sell on the Rwandan market and to the region. Vision Garment Ltd is hiring the most talented technicians who are driven by passion in the textile industry and have an urge of making “Made in Rwanda” a reality. We are looking for experienced Technicians to oversee and coordinate the daily company activities. They will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. Ultimately, they should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall market share.
WAREHOUSE TECHNICIANS (2)
Skills and Qualifications:
The Warehouse Technician is expected of; stock management skills, data entry, reporting, develop budgets, filing, supervision, developing budgets, safety management, complying with warehouse standards, understands well process management, having surveillance skills, inventory control, analyzing information, and equipment maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise day-to-day operations in a warehouse.
- Supervise loading and unloading operations.
- Prepare shipping documentation and other related paperwork.
- Supervise forklift and pallet jack operations.
- Order, receive and maintain equipment, materials, and tools.
- Supervise counting, weighing and identifying of materials meant for shipment.
- Check materials against customer orders, picking lists and billings.
- Develop an annual department budget.
- Check and verify materials in warehouse periodically.
- Maintain records of equipment, materials and products.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with a data storage system.
- Maintain stock bins and update them regularly
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual stocktaking reports and advise on the moving stock.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experiences:
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in any field or TVET and other related College diplomas
- Senior six level with experience in tailoring is encouraged to apply as well
- Must have at least two (2) years of progressive work experience in the textile industry specifically in tailoring
- Able and capable to work on targets
- Must have hands-on experience in tailoring and textile production
- General awareness of the textile industry and a good understanding of the tailoring process is a must
- Proven work experience in any area of interest here below indicated
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work outside Kigali
- The detailed terms of reference can be found on the Website: www.misic.org.rw
If your career aspirations match these challenging and exciting roles, please apply online by using the “Apply for This Job” button below. Your application should include three (3) professional references including their contacts (physical address, telephone, and email), a Cover Letter or Motivation Letter clearly specifying why you’re interested in this job. Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director, Vision Garment Ltd. The vacancy is now available to interested persons and detailed job description can be found on www.misic.org.rw
Note: Only applicants who will qualify shall be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 25th January 2019
Done at Kigali, on 07th January 2019