Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and developmental organization in General Consultative Status with UN ECOSOC operating in 40 countries around the world. GNI in Rwanda (a.k.a. GNR) is legally registered and has endeavored to improve child sponsorship and protection, health, education, WASH, agriculture & livelihood, humanitarian assistance, advocacy, and social economy in 4 districts (Gasabo, Kamonyi, Gisagara, and Nyamagabe) since 1994.
Good Neighbors Rwanda would like to recruit two staffs with the following positions:
2. Position: WASH/ Health Project Senior Coordinator (OD)
Based in Huye District
Key responsibilities included;
- To be responsible of the overall implementation of Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) and Gender-based violence (GBV) prevention project including budget execution in a transparent way
- To hold meetings with Good sisters (adolescent participatory group) and WASH clubs to monitor planned activities and report (challenges and way forward)
- To timely prepare and submit regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) related to ASRHR/GBV project activities to OD Manager
- To assist in the development of new projects and ensure its smooth implementation toward the success of impact
- To propose, in collaboration with WASH & Health Team, key WASH/Health areas that need GNR intervention
- To work together with GNR partners for project efficiency, effectiveness, and impacts
- To have a proper partnership with local government (officers), NGOs and other stakeholders
- To have regular field visit and meetings with beneficiaries and stakeholders in order for checking the procedure and progress of ongoing project
- To ensure appropriate filing of office and project documents
- To take care of office equipment and office materials
- To protect children from any harms through running project-based programs
- To submit on time receipts related to projects
- Shall not disclose or divulge during or after his/her service any confidential information obtained through his/her work
- Other duties as may arise from time to time and be assigned to the employee.
Qualifications and skills;
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences, and Development Studies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the initiation, planning, and implementation of WASH and Health projects according to internal and national guidelines.
- Knowledge and experience of working with rural communities & local government authorities in a remote area
- Understanding of the principles behind and experience in the implementation of WASH program, CHAST, PHAST amongst others.
- Strong knowledge on SRH and MHM training
- Strong verbal and written skills in English
The interested candidates must submit directly their application letter addressed to Country Director; recent and detailed curriculum vitae written in English; relevant certificates; Diploma required; a photocopy of the National Identity Card at Good Neighbors International, Head Office (Kigali); located at Kimihurura, opposite to Lemigo Hotel (FAIRVIEW building_3rd floor, right-wing) by 06th August 2020 before 4 pm.
* The C.V. must be written within 2 pages in English otherwise the application will be disqualified. The Relevant experience will only be considered if the certificate is presented at submission.