Position title: WASH officer / USAID Gikuriro Program
Reports to: Nutrition and WASH coordinator
Number of position: 1
Job location: Nyanza district
Period: One-year renewable based on performance of Form
The Bottom of Form
WASH officer will be responsible for the promotion and adoption of WASH good practices by serving communities through Community Based Environment Health Program Promotion and enhance the improvement of the wellbeing of community members in program operational areas of Water, Hygiene and sanitation, nutrition through training and Social Behavior Change Communication ( SBCC) approaches
He/she will have overall responsibility for regular monitoring and reporting of the WASH component activities and will ensure that the program is achieving the expected results and objectives with regard to WASH component. He/she will ensure that the activities related to Nutrition, WASH and program approaches (CBNP, CBEHPP and SBCC) are implemented according to the standards of Ministry of Health, FXB Rwanda and USAID in the area of Nutrition and WASH ; and that the approaches spread by the program are effectively disseminated and adopted by served households.
The WASH Officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all activities related to water, sanitation, and hygiene that will be implemented in Nyanza District in order to achieve the overall objective of Gikuriro Program.
- Responsible for Planning and implementation of WASH-related activities in Nyanza district;
- Reinforce water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) efforts at the village level in partnership with local leaders and community-based volunteers;
- Mobilizing local communities to accelerate progress toward the national goal of eliminating malnutrition in Nyanza district;
- Build positive relations with local leaders at the sector, cell and village levels and within the team that has been implementing Gikuriro program in Nyanza district;
- Responsible for Planning, collection of data; monthly, quarterly and annual reporting;
- Facilitate networking with government institutions and other development partners within the Nyanza District in planning and implementing the program focusing on water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Ensure full Support to Gikuriro program growth and development for scale-up WASH activities in respective communities;
- Document best practices related to WASH and write significant stories to share with partners.
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions;
- Keep an updated M&E Database of WASH-related activities and analyze the data to inform decision-makers in order to improve program performance.
- Collaborate with different WASH partners( WASAC, District staff, etc) working in Nyanza District
- Perform any other duties related to the program as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Water engineering and environment, Environmental Health Sciences or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) applying CBEHPP approach, Water supply scheme management, and water resource management.
- Experience in working with Water management committees at a community level
- Experience in spring protection and rehabilitation and water demand management
- Experience in delivering messages to reduce direct and indirect routes of disease transmission to small children;
- Experience in social behavior change communication strategies to strengthen messages on key hygiene behaviors that directly impact infant health.
- Knowledge on Community-based Food security and nutrition program (CBF&NP) and its implementation at the grassroots level;
- Excellent communication skills with a good command in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage;
- Proficient in Microsoft office, word, excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience working with USAID funded programs is an added advantage
- Capable to work under pressure;
- Good facilitation, negotiation, networking, and advocacy skills
- Good project management skills, including participatory budgeting and monitoring;
- Demonstrate experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming WASH and Nutrition Program.
- Knowledge in community interventions monitoring and evaluation
- Good interpersonal skills and high team working spirit
- Possesses driving license Category A is required.
Female applicants with required skills are encouraged to apply to this vacant position.
Interested candidates with required skills and competencies are requested to submit their applications (only hard copies will be accepted) addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director. The applications include motivation letter CVs and well-completed FXB application form must be submitted to FXB Rwanda coordination office located at Kigali / Nyarugenge, Muhima Sector, Ubumwe cell, Isangano Village, Road KN 07 ST, Bridge 1 House, not later than Monday, October 22nd, 2018 at 12 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.