Position: Wood and PSD Expert
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The Rwanda Wood Value Chain Association (RWVCA) represents the interest and advocates for wood sector operators in Rwanda. The main objective of the Association is to work together to support members adherents to increase their competitiveness at national and the regional market, sharing of information and do collective dialogue for advocacy, organize together technical & managerial trainings for strengthening factional capacity of the members and also encourage collective purchasing high-end equipment that require a lot of investment.
Its mission is to provide professional advocacy and business development services to the members while upholding all relevant standards and regulations of the Government of Rwanda.
To achieve its mission and vision the association has last year 2019 developed and validated a 3 years strategic plan that was developed in line with the national wood sector strategic plan on the ministry of trade and industry.
Reporting to president of RWVCA, the applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the project.
A. Role and responsibilities
i. Backstopping RWVCA during Implementation of the strategic plan
The wood and PSD expert will follow day-to-day implementation all activities agreed between donor and RWVCA and support the association to implement its action plan by providing technical and strategic inputs and advices.
- Plan, organize, and implement activities respectfully to the action plan developed by the association.
- Develop synergies with other partner organizations to effectively implement the strategy.
- Develop and create innovative strategic measures to attract donors, pooling of resources; fundraising for the implementation of RWVCA strategic plan.
- Support the association to steer wood made in Rwanda brands that are aligned with the historic background of the country and unsure uniqueness of Rwandan wood products to enhance innovation and creativity in the sector.
- Pursue other projects and activities that will enable the association to attain its mission and vision.
- Support the Association to build capacities of its member’s e.g organize study tours to develop and broaden technical knowledge of members.
ii. Support business and membership
- Support the RWVCA to improve services in order to provide value to existing and potential members, e.g provide information procedure to obtain certifications; on product and processes that will enable companies to enter in the new international export market
- Develop a network, pool of Business service providers to enable effective business operations and share information among all association members.
- Enhance and improve lobbying services to strengthen business-networking services among association members and service providers.
- Attract and encourage new members to join the association
iii. Communication and information sharing
With the approval of the president of the association and secretariat the wood and PSD expert will;
- Improve business information services to help the association to increase visibility and communication to members and non-member
- Monitor trends and developments of the wood industry and alert members accordingly.
- Share to all members of the association all studies conducted in the wood sector.
iv. Monitoring and evaluation
- The Expert will, if requested by donor M&E team, provide timely all data at institutional and individual company level in order to measure the program impact.
- Support the association to establish and implement RBM (result-based management).
v. Other function function
- Provide technical advice and insure implementation of occupational health and safety OHS/HSE in working environment and workshops within companies and ICPCs.
- Participate in the event and training organized by donor.
B. Required qualifications
Bachelor`s Degree in project management, Business administration or other business related degree with a minimum of 5 years working in private sector development and wood sector value chain.
- At least 5 years professional experience, of which 5 years in a comparable position and proven work experience in Private Sector Development and BMO.
- Very good knowledge of the wood Economy in Rwanda
- A strong coordination and facilitation skills; with the ability to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and communication skills,
- Results oriented, flexible and problem solving skills
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, and preferably French
Interested candidates should submit their application via email:firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, including a CV with 3 references, cover letter and academic qualifications, not later than 2021 may 10 before end of business day. The subject line should be ‘Application for RWVCA Wood and PSD expert’
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.