Course: Workshop training on Research Data management, Tabulations & Graphics, Statistical Analysis and Inferences using Stata statistical software.
Stata statistical software is interactive data management and statistical analysis program, which has become very popular among researchers in most disciplines. The programme provides a broad range of statistics. It is very user-friendly and the tremendous potential of Stata to benefit the data management process is extremely amazing and exciting to explore. It provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics. The focus of this training is to enable the participant to learn how to apply Stata in statistical analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with an elementary knowledge of Statistics in Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of Stata. No prior knowledge of Stata is required.
The training will enable participants to;
- Understand the basics of data cleaning
- Understand how to import and export data, input data into Stata
- General use and data management using Stata.
- Managing output management in Stata
- Understanding how to generate simple and advanced graphics using Stata
- Analyzing quantitate data using both descriptive and commonly used inferential analysis techniques
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Introduction to Statistical Concepts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Common inferential statistics
- The core functions of inferential statistics
- Overview of Stata
Module 2: Data Entry, Management, and Manipulation using Stata
- Defining and labeling data and variables
- Creating, transforming, recoding variables
- Generating new variables
- Data Entry, Exploring, modification.
- Transferring data to/from Stata
- Merging and Appending Stata data files (e.g. Excel, SPSS )
Module 3: Output management
- Output Management
- Tabulating data with Stata
Module 4: Stata Graphics
- Basics of Graphing
- Customizing Graphs
- Advanced graphing
- Exporting a Stata graph
Module 5: Quantitative data analysis (Inferential analysis techniques) using Stata
- Statistical Inference
- Regression analysis
- T Test
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +250 788303975.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.
Workshop Date & Time & Venue
Date: 13th to 15th September 2019 (Weekend Program)
Date: 16th to 19th September 2019 (Workdays Program)
Hours: from 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Lunch break (12:00 to 2:00)
Venue: Our Training venue, Kigali Rwanda
Eligibility & Pricing
Training Price: 118,000 RWF
Having own Computer
Cost components include:
- Access to training;
- Course hand out;
Note: Lunch and Tea break will be provided.
Get an invitation letter by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or call us on 0788 30 39 75
DISCOUNT Available to group application as follow:
- Group of 2 people:5%
- Group of 3 People: 10%
- Above 3 people:20%